There is no doubt that in the years since cloud technology has come into play in the capital markets the scalability of it has allowed firms to cut infrastructure costs. But as more businesses outsource different solutions to the cloud, is there a chance the cloud could stand in for an entire IT department?
That was the point made by one audience member of the cloud panel discussion at the Buy-Side Technology North American Summit in New York.
Cloud Taking Over?
During the question-and-answer per
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming