Since the SIA indefinitely postponed the T+1 implementation date in the US midway through last year, straight-through processing (STP) has gone off the radar at many buy-side firms. This, argues TowerGroup’s Tim Lind, is not altogether a bad thing. By Stewart Eisenhart.
Despite their best intentions, the STP’s advocates’ argument that automation of trade processing is vital to buy-side interests has failed to convince asset managers to step up their efforts. So argues a new TowerGroup report
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming