In assessing the value proposition offered by an asset manager, prospective clients traditionally consider a firm’s past performance. This key criterion is what sets industry leaders apart from the competition. But as crucial as performance is, it isn’t the only factor taken into account when it comes to awarding mandates. Something else is becoming increasingly important: risk management.
The truth of this assertion became clear to me on more than one occasion this month, as I discussed
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground