Virtualisation of IT hardware – the practice of pooling and sharing IT resources to ensure that utilisation is optimised and supply can meet demand – has the potential to significantly impact the hedge fund space, given the need for funds to operate as efficiently as possible. Gravitas Technology's Jim Loy explains that the server virtualisation boom is just around the corner.
In the hedge fund domain, where cost, space, heat, power, high-availability and redundancy are continually competing
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Custody Seen as Crypto's Next Major Battleground