Money managers, and their vendors and customers, rallied around Internet technologies for their ease of use, cost effectiveness and freedom to exchange information electronically with, potentially, anyone.
Alas, a communication standard was emerging: Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), the language of the Internet. The speed with which the financial community rushed to adopt Internet technology testified to people's excitement.
With a secure, internal "intranet" in place, firms could receive
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain