For version 4.3 of the risk management and portfolio construction platform, Cognity now has a factor model that updates on a daily basis, rather than on a monthly basis, for its fund mixed-frequency model. FinAnalytica CEO David Merrill tells WatersTechnology that this will allow users to create more sophisticated models thanks to more up-to-date information.
"You get two gains: One is that you're not waiting for an update that just comes once a month, which can be a problem. The second is that
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act