Rushman, who was instrumental in the development of one of the first IBOR systems at Barclays Global Investors (BGI) in the 1990s, outlined the essential aspects of the technology to a packed room at London's Grosvenor House hotel.
"The big idea is really about making the company feel small," he said. "Certainly, when we were working on BGI's IBOR, that was really the overriding feel. Back in the Nineties, it was almost heresy to suggest that a client server-side database could possess a data mo
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming