Agency-only brokerage Convergex says it will launch a new quote-sourcing platform for exchange-traded funds (ETFs) later this year, to be known as ETF Direct.
Features of the new platform will include the ability to request competitive quotes simultaneously from multiple liquidity providers, even in niche markets and sectors; complete anonymity for clients and market makers; access to an aggregated competitive market; and an available comprehensive audit trail for enhanced transparency.
“We are very excited about this innovative new platform,” says Troy Draizen, global head of electronic and program trading at Convergex. “We believe that it will continue to enhance price discovery in trading block-size ETFs, where liquidity remains a concern.”
The firm anticipates an August launch date.
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Women in Data and Technology Awards Open for Entries
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won