Soon after Algomi was founded in 2012, it quickly became a darling of the burgeoning fintech scene in London. Its Honeycomb platform aimed to spur liquidity in the illiquid bond market by organizing information within the bank—for the bank—and then allowing the institution to act as an anonymous database for the buy side. But new regulations—and, specifically, the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid II)—have forced the vendor to shift its roadmap.
This change really
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 154: Bryan Cross, UBS Asset Management
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative