US exchange operator Nasdaq has acquired Toronto-based alternative data marketplace Quandl for an undisclosed sum to “accelerate” its foray into provision of alternative data.
Nasdaq will integrate its own Analytics Hub of alternative datasets into Quandl, which provides a database of alternative data, financial, and public data from 350 sources.
Bjorn Sibbern, executive vice president and head of Nasdaq’s global information services says the exchange is happy with the progress of Analytics
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha