US exchange operator Nasdaq has acquired Toronto-based alternative data marketplace Quandl for an undisclosed sum to “accelerate” its foray into provision of alternative data.
Nasdaq will integrate its own Analytics Hub of alternative datasets into Quandl, which provides a database of alternative data, financial, and public data from 350 sources.
Bjorn Sibbern, executive vice president and head of Nasdaq’s global information services says the exchange is happy with the progress of Analytics
A discussion about blockchain projects in the capital markets, the crypto space and further delays for the CAT.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- A Blueprint for Alternative Data in Asset Management
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Rising Star (End-User)—Irene Kan, TD Securities
- Women in Financial Services: The Shameful Truth
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Legal/Compliance Professional of the Year—Miranda Morad, MarketAxess
- Witad Awards 2019 Write-Ups: Best Company for Diversity and Inclusion (Vendor)—Refinitiv