For alternative data consumers, the shop windows glitter with potential. Providers offer innovative datasets that range from satellite imagery of crop productivity for commodities and futures traders to datasets comprised of US labor statistics projecting employment trends to spreadsheets of consumer credit card purchases that could predict trends ahead of official earnings announcements.
Alt datasets have evolved significantly from the days when the only example of the obscure metrics was a
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha