As of April 1, 2018, Eurex, operated by Deutsche Börse, will no longer perform any derivatives trading activity in Switzerland, a spokesperson for Eurex confirmed to WatersTechnology.
Eurex says that the regulatory framework in Switzerland does not allow for the operation of a derivatives exchange as permitted under the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid II). Eurex would have been forced to establish a separate entity to continue operations, as a result.
IBM’s Kathryn Guarini and Bob Sutor look at how banks are currently experimenting with quantum computers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 132: Thasos Group’s CEO Talks Alternative Data
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 133: IBM on Quantum Computing
- SST Awards 2018 Winner's Interview – Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Down to the Desk: OMGI Transforms Data Management Strategy
- BBOD, GMEX Launch Hybrid Cryptocurrency Derivatives Platform