As of April 1, 2018, Eurex, operated by Deutsche Börse, will no longer perform any derivatives trading activity in Switzerland, a spokesperson for Eurex confirmed to WatersTechnology.
Eurex says that the regulatory framework in Switzerland does not allow for the operation of a derivatives exchange as permitted under the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid II). Eurex would have been forced to establish a separate entity to continue operations, as a result.
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain