The Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) Group began trading in its bitcoin futures contracts on Sunday evening, posting modest numbers in its first few hours—just over 200 contracts were traded in the first 60 minutes.
The move has been highly anticipated by traders, given the CME’s larger market presence than Cboe Futures Exchange (CFE), located a mere ten-minute walk away from its larger rival in Chicago, which also launched its own contracts one week ago.
However, bitcoin’s volatility—which h
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper