On January 3, the revised Markets in Financial Instruments Directive and Regulation, known collectively as Mifid II, came into force. Touching nearly all aspects of the trade lifecycle across all asset classes, the implementation of the rules has required a mammoth effort from all corners of the industry.
“Compliance with Mifid II has been a complex project for banks,” says Joshua Walsky, CTO at Broadway Technology. “Deadline-driven projects with daily standups, including cross-firm standups,
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Banks, Asset Managers Turn to Web Scraping to Generate Alpha