With an industry-wide cost of more than $28 billion per year, market and reference data is often cited as financial firms’ third-largest expense, behind staff costs and office space. And since the financial crisis, data professionals have faced ever-tightening purse-strings and demands from management to reduce data costs year after year, while also coming up against end-users hungry for increased access to new data types.
“The volume of data being created worldwide is tripling every year, and
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 154: Bryan Cross, UBS Asset Management
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative