AIG’s Jim Gouin had a problem. The insurance giant had made significant investments in different ways to gather data, but it still needed to find one critical piece of the puzzle—a way to actually use that information, and filter it through to the business lines that needed it.
“Data has always been important for the insurance industry but it’s even bigger now. We invested in tools to get different data that we need to pull in for analytics,” Gouin, chief information officer for the Americas an
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams