TheUS Securities and Exchange Commission is stepping up its investigation of credit ratings agencies.
In the last few weeks, the SEC has suggested a voluntary framework that the agencies can use as a code of conduct. It has also proposed designating nationally recognized credit ratings firms under the appellation Nationally Recognized Statistical Rating Organization, which is designed to clarify how agencies can attain such a designation and address the perception that the SEC has created an
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act