Although newswires rarely seemed to feel the cost pressures at user firms, they did feel the effects of the economy. As a result, many turned to partnerships to break into new markets.
Dow Jones Newswires (DJN), for example, began 2003 by announcing a partnership with German news and data vendor vwd. The alliance is aimed at expanding DJN’s presence in Europe, particularly in the off-trading floor arena, which is vwd’s strength. Vwd became responsible for marketing DJN’s services in Germany a
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Deutsche Bank's Innovation Guru Shares Secrets at Inaugural Innovation Summit