IMD: Why was John Jessop, not John Terranova or Steven Rappaport, selected to take charge of Telerate's operations?
Jessop: The answer to that would have to come from [Dow Jones & Co. chairman] Warren Phillips. I think part of the rationale was that Dow Jones wanted somebody with a marketing background and an international background running the business. Rappaport is a lawyer, and Terranova was a government securities broker. I believe he also has a degree in accounting. IMD: What directives
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming