In these dog days of summer, there's nothing better than a long lunch spent with friends pondering what might have been in this wacky industry of ours. With New York almost as closed as Paris last week, I have to confess I indulged.
It's at these lunches that you come across all kinds of snippets. Indeed, I've often meandered back to the office muttering vague plans for a Market Data Trivial Pursuit game to liven up dinner parties in the winter.
Last week, a friend and I pondered for some time
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank