Shawn McAllister, chief technology officer at Solace, says the vendor has been able to achieve sub-microsecond latency as a result of advances in multi-core chip engineering that enable users to run multiple processes on different threads of the same chip simultaneously and allow more processes to be run on the same machine, which can transfer data directly using inter-process communication.
"On one motherboard, you can cluster or co-locate applications that previously had to run on separate mach
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit