Perry Beaumont, global head of marketing at CSV, says the patent will protect a process developed by the vendor for overlaying different types of risk-such as credit or market risk-against each other, and for calculating values for any risk types not immediately apparent.
"You can break out a portfolio into its components, and if one piece [of the risk profile] is missing, you can tell what it looks like, based on the other pieces of the puzzle, and come up with the missing value," Beaumont says.
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership