Skyler officials say that while its own C3 database can create an order book within 10 microseconds, this has sometimes been hampered by network latency. "Demand for low latency has been around for some time. While not a requirement for all customers, this is where large banks and broker-dealers are headed," says Skyler president and chief operating officer Michael Lenahan.
Customers for whom latency is not a top priority will still be able to feed data into C3 from their existing market data
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling