The latency sprint hit a hurdle this year, when firms accustomed to fighting over microseconds began scrutinizing the cost-benefit argument of spending increasing amounts for a shot at being—perhaps briefly—the fastest trader, and decided to settle for “good-enough” speed and the ability to focus their efforts on value-add initiatives.
With the costs involved rising, “people are stepping back... and saying that going from one second to milliseconds wasn’t hard... but going to a microsecond or 10
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp Coric