Setting the scene, Hallworth said the rapidly declining cost of storing and processing data has enabled an explosion of digital information. Consequently, firms can harness new, faster and more granular data, over longer timeframes, with more unstructured data and advanced predictive analytics, and gain insight into problems they couldn't solve before.
"With that is a cautionary tale: a well-managed data environment is core to everything. You need to manage legacy and new modeling analysis risk,
WatersTechnology attended the Futures Industry Association's annual conference in Boca Raton, Florida. These are the takeaways.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Insurgents: Fintechs Are Knocking Off Incumbents
- CFTC Commissioners Lash Out at EC Clearing Proposals
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 113: IBM's Lund on Blockchain's Evolution
- Wrestling Over Competing Mifid II, GDPR Data Demands
- MarketAxess Banks on Asian Electronic Markets with BlackRock Partnership