"The biggest issue around latency is the number of hops data passes through as it enters an application. So you may not want data to hop at all-you might want to perform calculations within the feed handler," said Guy Tagliavia, director of IBM's front-office and low-latency messaging software group. "Latency is governed by a number of things. As messaging rates increase, the ability to pass these messages along becomes more important."
However, Victor Ekong, vice president of market data at
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit