Rising data volumes continue to cause significant problems for firms, and are being exacerbated by a proliferation of venues and data fragmentation. "Not only do you have to cobble data together across all markets, across all depths... but as the shares per trade shrink, you can't get a fill [at the top of book]... so the amount of data is exploding," according to Marvin Kelly, a managing director in Credit Suisse's propriety trading group.
As data volumes rise, maintaining data quality becom
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won