Reduce risk, increase transparency, promote market integrity. This is the new normal for the financial industry as it comes to grips with stricter regulations and the need for better data governance. A major stumbling block in overcoming these challenges is breaching the “semantic barrier,” whereby the meaning of a term and its referent aligns with the concept in our minds.
Unfortunately, within large organizations, much less across an industry, intended meaning often exists as “tribal knowledge
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II