Reference data, the identifiers and references that show the 'who', 'what', 'where' and 'how' of a trade, make up roughly half of all trade information. And a similar proportion of failed trades can be traced back to inaccurate and poor-quality reference data.
However, the fundamental problem with reference data is not finding out how to automate, manage and centralize it, although these are important issues; the question is one of definition. What exactly is reference data?
Most banks and ins
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II