Investment firms are hoping the new legal entity identifier (LEI) standard for trade reporting requirements will improve risk management when it is put into effect by the Office of Financial Research (OFR) on July 15.
However, while there is little doubt LEIs provide a common language for the securities industry to use, the mechanics of how they will be issued and sorted are still being finalized.
An LEI is a number used to identify a business entity engaging in financial transactions. The LEI c
Victor Anderson, who is in town from London, joins Anthony and James to dig into the key themes from Waters USA.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Great Fintech Con(version)
- American Financial Technology Awards 2017—All the Winners
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Overall Buy-Side Technology Provider, 2017—FactSet
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Outsourcing Provider—SS&C Advent
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2017: Best Buy-Side OMS—IHS Markit