Semantic technology is being used by data managers in a variety of industries, from biomedicine to social media, where its agility and ability to classify and integrate data is proving valuable. Advocates of the technology say the financial services industry can also benefit. However, they face a challenge to get their message across and convince often conservative, slow-changing financial firms that the new approach is worth adopting.
Semantic technology employs machine intelligence to form an
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit