The New Year brings with it a new standard. International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS) 13 comes into use on January 1, 2013, and will require firms to include extensive information about the prices and valuations they use in subsequent financial statements.
IFRS 13 was developed by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), whose standards are widely used outside the US, to define fair value. It includes a new definition of fair value ("the price that would be received to sell a
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming