The success of the legal entity identifier (LEI) initiative is becoming less of an open question, and less subject to doubt. Nonetheless, implementation challenges remain, notably in the consumption and management of LEIs being generated, the possibility of additional regulatory and administrative actions, and navigation of how national numbering agencies will work with LEIs.
At the same time, benefits are emerging in the form of improved data quality and clearer organization of identifier data
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit