Ken Traub of GS1 explains how the not-for-profit standards body and a consortium of three other organizations are helping the industry by making consolidated files of pre-legal entity identifier data and statistics on the data available on the P-LEI.org website
In June, GS1, FIX Protocol, CNRI and TahoeBlue launched the P-LEI.org web portal, which collects and consolidates pre-legal entity identifier (pre-LEI) data.
Above, Ken Traub, Boston-based standards strategy consultant, explains how the four organizations are helping firms manage complexities caused by the absence of a Central Operating Unit and says more standards are needed to detail the file formats used for the LEI.
Click on this link to read a full-length written interview with Traub, including his views on LEI data quality issues.
Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech
In separate interviews, executives from AQR, JPMorgan, Cboe and IBM discuss topics permeating the capital markets.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- BST Awards 2017 Winners' Interview: SimCorp
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 97: C-Level Execs Talk Bitcoin, Fintechs, Cognitive Computing & Open-Source Tech