NEW YORK - Data management initiatives typically remain on the agenda throughout economic cycles, said Tower Group analyst Robert Hegarty at the SunGard Data Management breakfast briefing in June.
While attendees enjoyed breakfast in a New York penthouse, Hegarty held an optimistic presentation on current market conditions. He said firms prioritize data management in downtimes because it results in efficiencies. "It's one of those technology projects that do not flow with the cycles," said Hegart
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Fintech Could Demolish Europe’s Capital Markets Union Barriers