New regulation has forced investment managers to implement centralized reference data management structures worthy of a 21st century business. With a data structure in place, the managers can use reference data to add value to the other areas of the business. Also, recent market changes-namely, the growing use of complex investment products-has put pressure on firms to incorporate reference data into their investment management functions.
Most investment managers are working towards, or have
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II