In our sibling publication Waters, Chris Pickles of the MiFID Joint Working Group quoted a joke by someone to the effect that "If all the ostriches were to put their heads in the sand, would that make the nasty MiFID thing go away?"
That reminds me of the story of the King of Sahara. Said the King, "I cannot give you jewels, I cannot give you gold, but should you ever need any sand ..."
Moving on, those nasty people in Brussels are not going to make MiFID go away. Now that the European Securit
Should regulators take a more active role when it comes to AI oversight, or leave it to the professionals? What will M&A look like in 2018?Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- AFTAs 2017: Best Front-Office Initiative—State Street Global Exchange
- AFTAs 2017: Best Third-Party Technology Vendor CIO or CEO—Neil Barua, IPC Systems
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse
- AFTAs 2017: All the Winners and Why they Won
- AFTAs 2017: Best Data Management Initiative—Deutsche Bank