Ion Investment Group’s acquisition of Allegro Development, the last major independent provider of commodity trading and risk management (CTRM) software, is stirring up concerns among some customers, who worry it could stifle development and lead to price increases.
“This is probably bad news for the market as a whole. It feels like a step backwards,” says a systems implementation specialist in the energy sector. “Ion doesn’t seem to be making any investment into the [CTRM software] firms it
The founder and CEO of HPR joins the podcast to talk about lessons learned and where the industry is heading.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- 'Next Act: A Profile of Euronext's Alain Courbebaisse
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2019 Winner's Interview—Broadridge Financial Solutions
- Buy Side, FISD Begin Industry Push for Alt Data Standards
- SFTR Preparations Stifled by Data Availability
- Wavelength Episode 163: Tony Amicangioli on Cloud, Race to Zero