Ion Investment Group’s acquisition of Allegro Development, the last major independent provider of commodity trading and risk management (CTRM) software, is stirring up concerns among some customers, who worry it could stifle development and lead to price increases.
“This is probably bad news for the market as a whole. It feels like a step backwards,” says a systems implementation specialist in the energy sector. “Ion doesn’t seem to be making any investment into the [CTRM software] firms it
The founder and CEO of Imperative Execution looks at how trade execution is changing and what that means for the buy side.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Waters Rankings 2019: All the Winners
- Mizuho Finds New Ways to “Activate” its Data Using AI
- Barclays Nearly Finished with First Major Quantum Computing Experiment
- The AI Ethics Dilemma: Banks Find a Fine Line Between New Tech and 'What's Right'
- Finra to Expand Use of Machine Learning for Market Surveillance