Market fragmentation, particularly in Europe, and the shift toward direct feeds have been the main source of the annual doubling of equities data, according to the Aite report, which predicts that this trend will continue. There is also growing interest from algorithmic traders to incorporate unstructured data-such as economic indicators, news sentiment and volume, as well as data from emails, instant messages and the Web-into trading strategies, which generates more data to be stored for analys
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- In Capital Markets, Blockchain's Evolution Has Left the Bitcoin Model Behind
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- WatersTechnology Innovation Summit Q&A: Elly Hardwick, Deutsche Bank
- House Approves Market Data Protection Act