“People need to have the specific skills to evaluate the data. Not everyone has the skills to build that infrastructure to evaluate big data,” said Javier Rodriguez-Alarcon, European head of quantitative investment strategies at Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
While having the budget to acquire new datasets—and making sure that the price paid is commensurate to the value gained from the data—is clearly a major factor in firms’ ability to leverage alternative data, Rodriguez-Alarcon says the key
IBM’s Kathryn Guarini and Bob Sutor look at how banks are currently experimenting with quantum computers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 132: Thasos Group’s CEO Talks Alternative Data
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 133: IBM on Quantum Computing
- Down to the Desk: OMGI Transforms Data Management Strategy
- SI Rules Switch from Optional to Mandatory Sept. 1
- BBOD, GMEX Launch Hybrid Cryptocurrency Derivatives Platform