“People need to have the specific skills to evaluate the data. Not everyone has the skills to build that infrastructure to evaluate big data,” said Javier Rodriguez-Alarcon, European head of quantitative investment strategies at Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
While having the budget to acquire new datasets—and making sure that the price paid is commensurate to the value gained from the data—is clearly a major factor in firms’ ability to leverage alternative data, Rodriguez-Alarcon says the key
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 153: Nasdaq's Lars Ottersgård
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail