“People need to have the specific skills to evaluate the data. Not everyone has the skills to build that infrastructure to evaluate big data,” said Javier Rodriguez-Alarcon, European head of quantitative investment strategies at Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
While having the budget to acquire new datasets—and making sure that the price paid is commensurate to the value gained from the data—is clearly a major factor in firms’ ability to leverage alternative data, Rodriguez-Alarcon says the key
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams