Long before there were vendors selling satellite imagery and cellphone geolocation data to see how many potential shoppers were inside a store at a given time, interns were being sent to mall parking lots to count cars by hand. The hunt for outside information beyond ticker prices and corporate actions has been ongoing for as long as the capital markets have existed.
So the idea that alternative data is something “new” doesn’t quite hit the mark. Rather, the amount of data that’s available is g
Anthony and James hit on a wide-range of topics, from Brexit in the UK, to the SGX-NSE fight in APAC, to the Supreme Court's decision on cellphone location data in the US.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Episode 126: Brexit Fallout; the SGX-NSE Battle Continues; Cellphone Location Data
- Burton-Taylor: Regulation-Driven Data Spend to Grow, But Desktops Threaten Resurgence
- Bloomberg Eyes Amsterdam for Trading and Reporting Platforms
- Banks, Bourses and Regulators Form Spanish-Market DLT Venture
- CME Group Adds Two Alt Data Providers to DataMine