Acadian hoped to use macroeconomic signals generated by Bing Predicts’ social media and internet search data—such as US retail sales and consumer sentiment—in its macro models in particular, while Bing Predicts had intended to use Acadian’s expertise to make more economic predictions. But Acadian officials say the firm found limited use for Bing Predicts’ data.
“We’ve analyzed social media data, but we haven’t found anything particularly useful,” says Mark Webster, portfolio manager at Acadian,
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Nasdaq, User Groups Fire Opening Salvoes in Looming Battle Over SIP Data Fees