When the US Congress reduced the capital gains tax in the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997, it boosted the income of American individual investors, but it inadvertently sent several suppliers of portfolio accounting systems scrambling to add last-minute changes to their software programs before the year is out. The new law creates four classes of capital gains, where only two had existed previously, and this will force software vendors to add two columns to their reporting features.
Much of the
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain