Five years ago, when Erik Kaland, COO of Storebrand Asset Management, joined the firm, he inherited a problem. Norway’s largest investment manager was laboring under decades’ worth of built-up issues—structural inefficiencies; manual processes; custom-built technologies and fragmented systems architectures all combined to create a costly, ineffective technology base at the business.
Worse, some of the employees who had put this in place, or developed the platforms in the first place, had left
Anthony and James look news pertaining to cryptocurriences and blockchain deployments, as well as AI and cloud.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Buy-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- In Praise of Perseverance: Laura Barrowman, Credit Suisse
- Brexit's Unintended Consequences Could Include Mifid III
- Alt-Data Difficulties Challenge Largest Asset Managers
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 145: CSDs Consider Crypto; Bank Robberies & AI; DTCC's Blockchain