As CDO, Barr is responsible for data strategy, for “strengthening [the firm’s] adherence to data governance standards, practices and policies,” and “ensuring BNY Mellon’s data is consistent, accurate and accessible for regulatory and business purposes,” a spokesperson says.
Barr was most recently CDO at HSBC Global Banking and Markets, prior to which he was COO at New York-based portfolio analytics provider Novus Partners, and spent four years as CDO at Bridgewater Associates. Before joining
Bryan Cross, who heads UBS Asset Management's QED group, joins to discuss alternative data and AI.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- The Problem Solver: Paul Bari, Nordea
- JP Morgan's FX Algo Tool Launches on Bloomberg Terminal
- Refinitiv Consolidates Data Insights on China's Belt and Road Initiative
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 153: Nasdaq's Lars Ottersgård
- CAT’s Tale: How Thesys, the SROs and the SEC Mishandled the Consolidated Audit Trail