While discussions around the legal entity identifier (LEI) are ongoing, the need to store client data and proprietary identifiers has become a growing challenge firms have to face to facilitate cross-referencing, according to speakers at the FISD Europe conference in Madrid in March.
Although speakers at the event agreed the ongoing Office of Financial Research’s LEI efforts could represent an end to such requirements, they currently need to adapt to clients’ needs.
New York-based Ludwig D’Angel
Anthony and James look at developments pertaining to the Consolidated Audit Trail and wonder if big-tech companies could challenge traditional asset managers.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Bloomberg’s Chat Gambit: The Feint Before a Knockout?
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 96: CAT Concerns & Big Tech Takes Aim at Asset Managers
- Gardening, Uber & Culture: Takeaways from this year's WatersTechnology Innovation Summit
- EU Gets Tough on ‘Research’ Unbundling
- Systematic Internalizer Ranks Swell Ahead of Mifid II