The final rule to implement the qualified financial contract (QFC) record-keeping requirements of the Dodd-Frank Act was passed in early November, but a requirement to digitize documents was removed from the final text, which will weaken the impact of the rule, Datoo says.
The requirements compel systemically important firms to maintain records on their QFCs so that in the event of failure, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) can resolve the company within 24 hours. To do this, the
Bill Murphy, CTO of Blackstone, once again joins the podcast to discuss the private equity firm's new offices, designed to house its innovations team.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Chicago Code: A Profile of DRW's Seth Thomson
- AFTAs 2017: Best IT Team—Charles Schwab Investment Management
- Buy Side Bands Together on Blockchain Vision in Landmark Paper
- The Kids Aren’t Alright: A Look at How K-12 Schools Are Failing to Teach Programming
- AFTAs 2017: Best Analytics Initiative—Credit Suisse