ESMA has repeatedly said that it would not delay the implementation of Mifid II beyond its scheduled January 3 2018 compliance date, and indeed, the regulation will go live as planned on January 3. However, the authority will grant firms an additional six months to meet the burden of compliance with Mifid II’s LEI compliance requirements.
The LEI is an individual global code assigned to companies and issuers to clearly identify them when trading or dealing with other companies. Under Mifid II,
Also: Trading Technologies is developing an OMS for the sell side and Orbital Insight is embracing a platform-as-a-service model.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 142: AWS Talks Cloud Adoption in the Capital Markets
- Alt Data’s Ethical Day of Reckoning
- Wavelength Podcast Episode 141: Brexit and Blockchain and Data, Oh My
- Data-Driven Regulators: Handling the Uptick in Regulatory Reporting
- Evolve or Die: Asset Managers Cultivate Data Science Teams