Regulators are expecting the industry to make all reasonable efforts to be ready by January 3, 2018, Hanks said in his keynote speech, while recognizing the challenges firms face in building compliant systems because the directive is still at level 3 and therefore some parts remain unclear.
“The key is to make a sensible set of assumptions, write them down and work on that basis,” he said. “We will not be taking action against firms who tried and failed if their decisions were based on these a
Anthony and James examine some of the key themes that will be on display at the inaugural North American Innovation Summit.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Sell-Side Technology Awards 2018: All the Winners
- Hammonds Out as Deutsche Bank’s Leadership Woes Continue
- Bogen to Head Execution Services for Dash Financial
- Waters Wavelength Podcast Episode 117: Machine Learning, Chatbots & Fintechs
- Veronica Augustsson: At the Crossroads of Business and Technology