Though part of the new iteration of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (Mifid II) and its associated regulation, Mifir, which became law on January 3, Esma had delayed the implementation of the DVC until March because of “data quality and completeness issues,” but published its first set of data for January and February on March 7—albeit for significantly fewer instruments than expected.
Dark pools have never liked the rules, which can suspend dark trading of any stock that exceeds
Anthony and James hit on a wide-range of topics, from Brexit in the UK, to the SGX-NSE fight in APAC, to the Supreme Court's decision on cellphone location data in the US.Subscribe to Weekly Wrap emails
- Episode 126: Brexit Fallout; the SGX-NSE Battle Continues; Cellphone Location Data
- Burton-Taylor: Regulation-Driven Data Spend to Grow, But Desktops Threaten Resurgence
- Banks, Bourses and Regulators Form Spanish-Market DLT Venture
- Bloomberg Eyes Amsterdam for Trading and Reporting Platforms
- CME Group Adds Two Alt Data Providers to DataMine